Friday, November 27, 2009

Target on Black Friday

Guess what I was doing at 3am on Black Friday...Standing outside in the freezing cold at Target. Well OK, I was awake at 3am, at Target in line at 3:30. Need I say that it was freezing outside! I had to get out of the warm car because there were already 60 people in line. By the time that the doors opened there were probably 500+ in line. The line wrapped around the back of the building.

What was I there for you ask? A Barbie scooter on sale for $17 regularly priced at $35. Everyone else was in line for electronics,TV's, DVD players, cameras. Just a scooter for me and a few other bargains since I was there.

I have to give kudos to the employees at Target. They were on top of everything. There were carts blocking the line from the street so no one could budge. They started handing out maps of the store at 3am. The greatest though was when an employee came out, started at the beginning of the line and asked each person what they were looking for. He then proceeded to give you directions to where you were going. As well as helpful tips: don't worry about getting a cart they are scattered throughout the store, the sale TV's are already sitting in carts just walk up and grab one.

At 5am when the door opened we were off. I just worked down my list right around the store, Tinkerbell movie, Barbie scooter, Legos, sheet sets, blankets, throw in a new dvd player and I am done. Yes! Mission accomplished!!! I was in and out of Target in 15 minutes!

Now that is how you do Black Friday!

1 comments:

The Fritz Facts said...

Our Target was wonderful too. They had everything mapped out. The only thing they could have done better was NOT have 6 lines merging into one...that didn't work well.